- Check the RGtk FAQ first.
- When I use an OBJECT tag, nothing appears.
- Did you make certain to close the OBJECT tag with an explicit
- Did you provide a WIDTH and a HEIGHT attribute for the
- Is there support for the MIME type? If not, R will try to
evaluate the <init> code and fail silently.
- I can't use the <OPTGROUP> tag in the <SELECT>
nodes for menus in forms? Is this supported?
- No, gtkhtml doesn't support this.
It is in the HTML
Is there any way to access the elements in a form written
in HTML from R code?
Yes. The functions gtkHTMLGetForms and gtkFormGetElements
give you access to each of the forms in a GtkHTML widget
and all of their elements and information.
- I'm using the RGtkViewers
package and the facilities for having S code within
an HTML document via the different MIME types for the
<OBJECT> tag. When I do this,
sometimes much of the document is missing or not displayed
in the widget? What's the problem?
A likely cause of this problem is that the R code you are
within the document contains a global assignment
using the S operator <<-.
Well, the gtkhtml code interacts with this specific sequence
(actually <-) specifically in an odd way and thinks
it is part of a comment. And so the remainder of the document
How do you get around this? Install the PATCH
or install the patched
Duncan Temple Lang
Last modified: Sat May 31 11:17:10 EDT 2003